We have officially moved! Click to see where we are now!

We have officially moved! Click to see where we are now!
We have officially moved! Click to see where we are now!
Celebrating is about sharing, telling stories, talking. It's about eating a piece of cake that a friend made for you, having a glass of wine or savoring a cup of coffee. It's that unknown sensation that doesn't let you get up from the table after eating. It's much more than just placing silverware and plates on a table, it's creating an ambience, a style, a sensation, an unforgettable memory.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Peach Gratin




This is one of my favorite desserts, it is very easy to make. When I have friends for dinner, I usually spend many hours cooking and preparing the main dish and most of the time I run out of time to make a dessert as delicious as my main course. This is when I decide to make the always gratifying Peach Gratin.




It has almonds and pignoli making it very different from a simple crumble.


I have tried with nectarines, apricots, peaches and even apples.. It always tastes delicious.



You can decide how much crumble you want to make. I used half of the ingredients of the recipe for a small gratin since we were only four people. If you decided to make the mixture like the recipe but using less fruits you can save the rest of the mixture in a plastic bag and keep it in the refrigerator for a couple of days to make another gratin with another fruit.

I usually like to cover the fruit completely and bake it until it is all golden and crunchy.


The fruit remains  juicy and tender inside and the rest is like a caramel crumble. We ate it with Moroccan tea.


I like to serve it accompanied with a tiny jar of  heavy cream next to it  just like when I serve the apple pie, leaving it optional for the ones who want extra pleasure.

 

The following day the left over becomes part of my breakfast with a cappuccino.


I came up with this recipe a long time ago from a wonderful book that made me understand that recipes weren't just a simple paper with measurements and notes, it's about the stories behind the dish, traditions, family, friends and the mood around the table setting. The pictures are beautiful like a journey  transporting to an authentic atmosphere of Provence. The book is called "Recipes from a Provençal Kitchen" by Michel Biehn.


The original recipe is:
Apricot Gratin 


Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup finely ground almonds
1/2 cup of sugar
A pinch of salt
6 ounces of butter
3/4 cup pignoli
3/4 cup blanched almonds
Apricots  about 9 


Preparation:
In a bowl by hand mix the flour, the ground almonds, sugar, salt and butter until you have a mixture of fine  irregular crumbs. Stir together the pignoli and blanched almonds toss to combine. Arrange the apricots halved and pitted side up on a baking dish, cover with the mixture and bake for about an hour until the topping is browned.


White dot dessert plate
http://shop.lolalobato.com/products/White-Dot-Dessert-Plate.html

11 comments:

decocinasytacones said...

¡Me encantan los melocotones asados!, I´m waiting for the season ones to arrive, I make tarte tatin with peaches and apricos and I love the extra pleasure of the cream.
I´m taking good note of this.
Un beso
Marialuisa

Lilly said...

I love it! Your peaches are so big and they look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! I love that you have someone taking pics of you making it!

coolerNights said...

Nice blog! i really appreciate your thinking about desserts and your steps. Thanks for sharing.

Cyndi L said...

Oh does that ever look DELICIOUS!!

Eating Deliciously said...

These little appetizer bites look delicious!

Lola Lobato said...

Ann, thank you for commenting, yes I was lucky that day my daughter took the pictures of me cooking but not always is like that, most of the time we have to do magic. xoxo

Renée Finberg said...

i love how you actually take pictures of the cooking process.
i am sending this post to my mom.

renee

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Ok so I must tell you, I'm in love with your blog!! It's so stylish and chic with such delicious recipes! Consider me your newest follower! :)

Lola Lobato said...

Thank you Kelly for your lovely comment.

www.las-palmas-3d.com said...

In my opinion everyone must browse on this.