We have officially moved! Click to see where we are now!

We have officially moved! Click to see where we are now!
We have officially moved! Click to see where we are now!
Celebrating is about sharing, telling stories, talking. It's about eating a piece of cake that a friend made for you, having a glass of wine or savoring a cup of coffee. It's that unknown sensation that doesn't let you get up from the table after eating. It's much more than just placing silverware and plates on a table, it's creating an ambience, a style, a sensation, an unforgettable memory.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Obsessed with the C


Adding a lemon zest for a vibre flavor and for the C.



I didn't have fresh basil so used an emergency cube. When I have a lot herbs and I know I am not going to used them immediately to preserve them I freeze them in ice cubes trays with olive oil. I have mint, parsley, cilantro, tarragon and basil all just in case.


The salmon was ready to be bake with a crust of whole grains.I found it at the whole food market, a frozen mix with cranberries, almonds, quinoa, barley and wheat berries. In this case I also bought it for an emergency fast meal. I seasoned the wild salmon with teriyaki sauce, added the crust and of course, lemon peel. Fast and ready to bake!



This is an other pasta which I love with olive oil, garlic, baby heirloom tomatoes, parmigiano Reggianno, fresh arugula and lemon zest.



A breakfast cake with olive oil, yogurt, lemon juice and peel.
You can really feel the flavor of yogurt and the olive oil. I adore the topping, lemon and lime zest with brown sugar. Total deligh with a cup of tea.




Back to basic and simplicity. Every thing with lemon, after having all kinds of tea for a chest congestion that lasted several weeks my desire for lemon continues. Pasta with lemon zest, salmon with lemon peel and even a cake with lemon. I have to tell you about this pasta. 
Made while we were locked at home with the shutters down due to the not welcome home guest, Isaac. Thankfully, Isaac was just a storm with heavy rain and wind here in Florida.

A basic pasta

Ingredients:
Spaghetti
750g chopped tomatoes (I used Pomi Italian tomatoes comes in a box packaged BPA free) 
1 onion chopped
3 tbs butter
1 lemon zest
capers
Parmigiano Reggiano
fresh basil(I used a cube of frozen olive oil with basil)
salt

Preparation:
In a saucepan medium heat sautéed the chopped onion with butter until onions are tender add the tomatoes and cook slow until the sauce is reduced.(I added to the sauce the basil cube) and continue cook until it melts in the sauce. 
Cook the pasta al dente. 
Serve, adding as a topping to your taste capers, lemon peel and the parmesan cheese. 

12 comments:

Marialuisa said...

La idea de congelar en aceite es fantástica....yo lo hago, pero este año estoy un poco tonta y me has recordado que tengo que ponerme a ello, que tengo la albahaca ¡que se sale!.
Un beso Lola
Marialuisa

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Gorgeous dishes!!! I'd be in citrus heaven :)

Debra Eliotseats said...

All of these look and sound delicious.

Banana Wonder said...

It all looks so good, I'd be obsessed with the C too. In fact, hooked.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What great food! Everything looks droolworthy.

Cheers,

Rosa

Unknown said...

You've made 'C' look very good in all your scrumptious dishes;-)

Simply Life said...

yum! that breakfast cake looks so good!

Recetario Spanglish para mis hijos said...

Beautiful post! Welcome back Lola!

Maggie said...

Oh yes! Lemon is such a beautiful food! I am not a fan of it in desserts, but in savory dishes...bring it on! Wonderful dishes and great recipe. Hope all is well!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I'm impressed by the herbs + olive oil in ice cube! I want to do the same trick! Your pasta looks so delicious. I've been trying to stay away from pasta for a while but I think I deserve some break, especially your delicious pasta. Looks so yummy!

Rosita Vargas said...

Desayuno y cena perfectos una delicia insuperable,abrazos y abrazos.

Unknown said...

Wow, I never knew that I could freeze my herbs in with some olive oil. I tend to just dry them out. Great tip Lola! And I love the cake holder too. Everything is making me drool and your props are so pretty. Makes me want to order some off your shop. Am going to pop over your shop shortly too. xoxo, Jo